Saturday, October 24, 2015

It was a good day

Yesterday was a great day filled with family time with my little trio, auntie and uncle love, and friends that are family. There are days where I just miss Syd so much, and have a hard time dealing, and  then there are days like yesterday where I'm creating the new "norm". 
As I smiled, laughed, and created new memories with my family and friends yesterday, my heart didn't hurt as much, as it usually does from thinking of Syd. I was having a good day.
I spent the day playing in the leaves, hanging out with Logans aunties and uncles, and then dressing-up as Minnie Mouse for a Halloween party. 
Some days are easier then others, and yesterday was one of them. I focused on the good, and didn't feel down. There were times I wish Syd was playing with us, but then reality hits, and I have to remember she's smiling down on us. One day at a time as we continue to adapt to the new norm, which unfortunately isn't easy at times, but yesterday it was. It's a start as we always remember, and keep the sparkle shining on!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment