Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Happy birthday Nana

Yesterday was my moms and Logan and Syds "nanas" birthday. For those that don't know my parents moved to Florida when the twins were 4months old. It was very devastating to me, because I'm the "only child", and all you want is your parents to be around to see you raise your kids. My parents visited frequently there first year, and we were so lucky to head back when the twins were 18months old; however, that was the last time my mom and dad had seen the twins; minus face-time weekly.
I remember the phone call I had to give to my mom and dad when Sydney passed away. It was a phone call I'll never forget. It was something I wouldnt have dreamed of.
I know more than anything that my mom and dad wanted to see Sydney one last time, and of course Logan. My mom was recouperating from knee surgery when Sydney passed away, so she was not at the funeral. I just had my dad, and I knew that it was awful for my mom to go through this; yet me alone without my mother. 
As the months have gone on I know that it's still hard for my parents to be so far away. We miss them more than anything. Logan loves talking "nana" and "papa" nightly, but it's still not the same. Sometimes I wish my parents got to visit more, and other times I just cherish the last time we had. Either way being 32 years old you still need your parents at times, and them being 3000 miles away is often hard as I go through the hardest thing of my life. 
When my parents come to visit next year I want them to see the legacy that is formed for Sydney, and how far I have come. Yesterday we remembered the good times we had with my parents, and wish my mom a happy birthday. I know Syd is looking down on you mom, and probably blew a candle out for you up in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment