Friday, May 8, 2015

Sparkly Sunglasses

 
Since the nice weather has hit us very quickly I knew it was time to go out and get the summer toys from last year. There was no doubt in my mind that this summer was going to be one of the hardest summers. I was going from two little loves to one. I was going to miss her so much.
I decided to take out all the summer stuff yesterday. I walked passed her pink swing, the pink cozy coupe, and the pink push car and grabbed all the other water toys.
As I walked up to the deck a feeling of emotions took over me. I was so upset that she wouldn't  be here this summer. Sydney loved the summer and loved to be outside. As the pain continued to hit me I had to stop. The pain of the knife in my heart was more than I could take. 
I decided to stop and reach for the sand toy bucket. In the bottom of the bucket was a pair of her black sparkly glasses. I though I had put these away last year. I put the glasses down as the pain hit hard and I started to cry. I usually get happy when I see something sparkly, but this time I was overwhelmed with pain. I stopped what I was doing and do what I usually do when I get upset, and call one of my besties. She said to me: it's ok to be upset...it's ok to let it out...don't worry WE will get through this summer I PROMISE!! As any besties do they make you feel better and walk you through how your feeling. 
I know this summer is going to be very hard, and last summer they had a blast together. Although Syd won't be here I know that Logan will have a blast. He will enjoy his toys, his backyard, the many new adventures, and of course hanging with his friends. 
Here's to a great summer where I know Sydney will be here in spirit and we will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment