Wednesday, May 6, 2015

From one grieving mom to another

One of the hardest things since Sydneys passing is trying to relate with someone. It's not often that I would hear the term "grieving mother" as I never new anyone that lost a young child besides hearing about someone from another person or on the news.
Since Sydneys passing I've tried to connect with other mothers who have had similar experiences as mine. I still haven't found anyone who has lost a twin  around the same age as Sydney and Logan; however, the ladies I have met have similar situations and all have the commonality of a "broken heart".
I truely believe the pain of a broken heart is unimaginable until you've actually experienced it. From a grieving mothers standpoint the broken heart takes over your body and makes you feel numb; sometimes like you can't move or go on.
Yesterday I had a chance to meet up with another mother who had lost a younger twin. I'm a firm believer lately in signs and I believe people come into each other's lives at the right moment to help you on your way. When you meet someone who has a similar experience as you; the talking can go on for hours. That's pretty much what it did. We talked about our babies that had passed away, shared pictures of our twin now, and talked about all the memories and what's planned for the future. Although it's only been 6.5 weeks since Sydney has passed it showed me from yesterday's conversation with this mom that there is hope for the future, we will be alright, and will continue to spread memories years to come.
Our support system is amazing that we have, but it's always nice to add new people to help you on the way. I'm glad I can connect with others who have similar situations, and start new friendships along the way.
Moving forward as a grieving mother isn't easy, but someday I will help others. Not sure how...not sure by what...but I know that Sydney would be proud of me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment