Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Just believe

One of the hardest things since Sydneys passing is the reality that she is not physically here. It's so hard as her mommy to not beable to just hold her one more time, dress her in a tutu one more time, or even fix her hair with the perfect bow one more time. Although she isn't physically here I do know that Sydney is everywhere spiritually. She's a very busy spunky little girl that wants the world to know that she is still here all the time and everyday.
Last night Shane and I had the most magical experience that confirms that what we BELIEVE is so true!! Sydney is everywhere with us all the time. 
We had the pleasure of meeting with Maureen Hancock last night. I've heard about her a few times before Sydney had passed, but more in a group session. Last night we were able to sit down with just her and what an amazing experience we had. It was so special because we "believe" in the signs of Sydney; we "believe" that everything we've seen: the red truck, Elmo book, butterflies, sparkles everywhere, ne-ne the penguin, the whale; to name a few are true. Sydney is everywhere.
While meeting with Maureen I just let myself go, and as many people know that has been hard lately. It's hard to open my mind, and relax; however, within this moment I was able to. It felt so good to hear that Sydney is smiling down on us everyday, and is especially looking down on her twin brother. The experience was so magical and when we were done I felt this sense of ease at the moment. There was a short moment where the pain I always feel knowing that I can't hold Sydney physically anymore was stopped. As I drove home and talked about the experience with Shane I said," I know Sydney is proud of us, and she sees everything we are doing." I started to cry; not because I was sad, but overwhelmed with emotions.
 Not that I didn't believe before, but believing now is more special. I will look at every detail differently in life moving forward, I will smile when I see one of Sydneys signs, and will embrace the love I feel from Logan, because that is her too.
Everyone is different and everyone believes in something special at times. We know in our hearts that Sydneys Sparkle will live on...it's true...she does leave a little sparkle where evere she goes, and is shining down on us right now!! She's just so special!!!


1 comment: