Sunday, May 17, 2015

One flower at a time

When I think of Sydney I think of bright colors, sparkles, love, happiness, and anything that just makes me smile. As many of you already know I've decided to dedicate an area outside of my house and call it "Sydneys Garden".
Now I've never had a green thumb and the thought of getting my nails dirty kind of wasn't my thing before I lost Sydney; however, things are different now. I've learned to get my hands dirty, dive into the dirt, and make this little place of hers special like she was. There something therapeutic about gardening. I'm making this place special for Sydney: lots of pink, lots of bright colors, and a place where people can drive by and say, "wow that's a beautiful spot for Sydney". Of course I had help from Logan as I wanted him to know how special this place is for his sister. While planting flowers with Logan I noticed two kids drive by on their bikes: I said are you twins and they said yes. I've never seen these kids before and have been living in this neighborhood for almost 3 years; coincidence maybe; however, in my mind I thought "signs of Sydney"- to remember about the twin bond, and to remember about spunky Sydney who could light up any room with her smile, laugh, and personality. Sydneys garden is in full effect...Id like to make it a place where anyone can plant a flower or seed if they'd like. This place is an opportunity to plant memories and watch them bloom. Yes, my nails are chipped today and I have dirt under my nails; however, nothing will change the fact that I'm creating memories...one flower at a time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment