Tuesday, May 19, 2015

2 months and the sparkle goes on


When Sydney passed away the first thing I talked about with my parents was, "how are we going to remember Sydney, and what can we do to get people to remember her?" My parents decided to dedicate something to the local elementary school in honor of Sydney- they decidated a bench. 
This bench would symbolize Sydneys legacy, would continue to reconize her spunk, and would keep her legacy alive. My hope is that people will look at the message on the bench and remember that "spakle". When I drop Logan off at Elementary School I want to beable to remind him that the bench was for his twin sister, and her legacy still lives on.
Yesterday was a big step in the legacy process of Sydney, as I stood there watching the bench be perfectly placed in the ground I just smiled. This bench was for my daughter, and I got to spread the word about how amazing she was and still is.
I took a step back and took it all in. There will be a small dedication in the next few weeks where myself, and Logan can come see the bench when the area is  done. 
It's not easy not easy at all as today is two months since she has been gone; however, the timing couldn't have been more right for the bench to arrive. Thank you to my parents for letting their grand-daughters legacy shine. It's not going to be easy, but creating one memory at a time will help. I know that Sydney is looking down on us above, and smiling for the bench that is placed in her honor. We miss you baby girl so much and hope your sparkle shines on forever.


3 comments: