Monday, May 25, 2015

Just having fun

Another great day yesterday that was celebrated with friends and family; however, my heart started to hurt more yesterday. Yes we were having so much fun, but deep down inside as people would mention Sydney I knew that my heart was aching. I thought back to last Memorial Day when my heart was "doubly filled" and there was no pain in my heart. I remember laughs, smiles, and the joy of having two perfect twins.
Flash forward to yesterday where things are much different and my heart is broken. I tend to say my heart aches a lot because it does. When I watch Logan play with others I have mixed emotions: does he realize he's missing his sister?  Does he mind playing by himself at times? The combination of missing Syd and worrying about Logan definitely takes a toll on the inside.
Although the heartaches we do our best to make new memories. I don't regret anything and have as much fun as I can with my little man: why not jump in a pool with my clothes on? why not swing on the swing set , or jump in the bouncy house? When I'm in the moment I don't think that I'm making new memories. These new memories will help the heart heal and help me move forward.
Take time to make a new memory, laugh, have fun, and take chances. Here's to a new day! Happy Memorial Day Everyone



No comments:

Post a Comment