Saturday, May 2, 2015

It's the happiest place on earth

The day before Sydney passed Shane and I had a discussion about where we wanted to take the twins for a vacation. We originally had said Sesame Street this summer as we knew how obsessed Sydney and Logan were with Elmo. Deep down inside inside I wanted to go see Minnie and Mickey as I knew Shane did too since we are both Disney Fans. Shanes actually a newly obsessed Disney  fan ever since we both went in 2011; since then he hasn't stopped talking about going back and of course bringing Sydney and Logan.
The morning of Sydneys passing I got a phone call from Shane on the way to work. He had said forget Sesame Street call our travel agent and book Disney after work. Really Shane...we can do Disney? The feeling of excitement was unimaginable as only I could think of Shane skipping down Main Street holding Logan and Sydneys hands. I called my travel agent after work and said, "let's do it...February Vacation...Disney World 2016..No Regrets!! It's the happiest place on earth.
We all know how the story unfolded from here. Before we could invision anymore about Mickey and Minnie ears, before I could think about the Bibbity Bobbidy Boutique and Pirates Dressup for Logan Sydney had passed away.
It's been 6 weeks since Sydney had passed and I know how much love Logan has for Disney as well as Sydney had for Mickey and Minnie. I always compared them to Mickey and Minnie. I know that Sydney would want to have her brotha experience Disney still, and that is why yesterday we had booked Disney 2016 for Logan.
Shane and I know it's going to be hard to be without her, but know that Sydney will be there in spirit. She will be in the magic of Disney. She will be with Logan as he skips down Main Street with daddy! Of course we will involve Sydney with little touches...I have a feeling there will be a lot of glitter, and bows along the way. Here's to bringing out the magic, wishing upon a star, and making memories that last a lifetime!! Logan I can't wait to see your reaction! Disney 2016 here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment