Monday, May 4, 2015

Sesame Street Live


Yesterday was another day mixed with a roller coaster of emotions! We were off to see Sesame Street Live something that Sydney would have loved to be at. People ask us why we do things that can cause so much pain, and my answer is we have to for Logan! It's not fair to just Stop...Syd would want Logan to enjoy it as I know she was there in spirit. 
As we walked up to the Orpheum Theater I looked around and saw all the little girls with Elmo shirts on and bows in their hair. I knew Syd was here.
The expression on Logans face was priceless as we walked through the door and all he saw was Sesame Street decor. Elmo...Cookie...B-Bird he said. I was so happy to see that he was happy.
When we walked to our seats my heart began to sink in my chest. We were actually there...very close...and without Sydney. I remember taking a few deep breaths because I started to cry, and didn't want to be so upset as this was an exciting time. I realized I was upset, because my body was on a roller coaster of emotions. I went from being so happy that Logan was experiencing it to a low knowing that Syd wasn't there with us. She would have loved it!!!!
As the show began Logan was priceless. He was dancing and pointing out the characters. He was having an amazing time. I took a few more deep breaths and just sat back and enjoyed watching the show with Logan and Shane. 
I knew that Sydney was there with us everywhere. She was more of an Elmo fan, but when Abby came out with her sparkly wand, and wings all I could think of was Syd!! That was my sign that Syd was really there. Elmo will always be hard to look at or hear, because it was one of her favorites; however, I now know that their are other characters that make me feel alright!!!
I'm glad we went yesterday even though it was tough. Another event down and another family day in the books. Here's to many more family days where Syd will be there in spirit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment