Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Is Baby Maddox here yet?

Since the day I found out I was pregnant again, I became so excited to see what Logans reaction would be. It didn't surprise me at all that Logan was beyond excited to be a "big brother" and hop into a big role. He's constantly kissing my belly and asking, "Is Maddox coming today?"
Logan has the responsibility of teaching Maddox all the good and bad, while also reminding him about the sparkle that is his older sister. It breaks my heart at times to know that Sydney isn't physically here to witness this. I often get this heavy weight on my heart that just pushes at times when I think of what life would be like if she was here. Not only would things be totally different, but I wouldn't ache as much. 
Yesterday Logan came with me to my ultrasound. He was invaded with stickers by all the staff there. Most of the technicians and nurses remember me from the twins, or know of Sydney's situation. Of course when I brought Logan in they were so excited. He was excited to see his brother on TV. 
As the technician zoomed in for Logan and we both got to hear the heartbeat it made me feel better. This is my new life, and what will be completely turned around in a little less than 11 weeks away. Logan was so excited to see the pictures of baby Maddox, and we both laughed together, because the technician said, "look at those cheeks." If baby Maddox will get anything from Logan I hope it will be those "cheeks for days". 
As we count down the weeks we will have our highs and lows. Makes me happy how excited Logan is. I can't wait to see him hold his little brother for the first time. This will probably be a moment that I won't forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment