Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sydney's Crib

The other day I had moved a bunch of things out of Sydney's room, and left one of the hardest things- her crib. Yesterday it was time to tackle the last thing in her room. Shane and I have a plan for her crib, and are working on finishing the project this week. We are trying to turn Sydney's crib into a toy box/bench. Before we could start this project I had to move all of her stuff out of the crib. In her crib was everything that was very special to me. This has not been touched since the week after Sydney had passed away. I was going to do this with some help, but decided it was something that needed to be done by me alone. I was initially alright, then all of a sudden the tears began to flow. I couldn't catch my breath, and had to stop. I took a break and headed back. Out came all the stuff and will be ready to go into the bench. As I finished the crib all I could think about was how no one should ever have to go through this. It was painful, just painful. I ask myself "why us?" every day I 
still haven't figured it out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment