Thursday, June 2, 2016

Reflecting on the ride home

I do most of my reflecting on my drive to and from work. With an hour commute each way, I have time to gather my feelings and process how I might be feeling. Lately I've had my highs and lows with thinking about Sydney, but it wasn't until yesterday on the drive home that I really thought about something. It's been over a year now since Sydney passed away, and it feels like it just happened. Sometimes I try to compare Sydney's death to something so people can relate. I almost want to say it's like losing an animal, yet you can replace an animal or find one close enough to love again. Comparing Sydney's death to the death of an animal is probably not the best. I just feel that as life is going on I feel like people might think that having another baby will fix everything. Bringing Baby Maddox into this world will not replace Sydney, but might help ease the pain a little. It's a rollercoaster of emotions that will never go away. It's the reflecting that I do everyday on my commute. It's hard and never will really end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment