Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Volunteering to Sparkle

There are 16 days left to Sydney's first annual Tutu Run and SparkleFest. I know my blog posts lately have been talking about this big event, but it's filling me with mixed emotions. Last night we had a volunteer meeting where people came out to sign up for a timeslot to help on the big day. I found myself talking about Sydney again, and each time I do this I feel stronger. Will it get easier? Probably not, but one thing is for sure is that I will continue to speak of, spread, and keep her sparkle alive. I talked to a member of the fire department last night who was there the night Sydney passed away. We were able to talk about the night again, and how far we've come along with how Logan is doing. It takes a lot out of me to do this, but I get the strength I need from Sydney. I've said it before because I know it's true, she's definitely proud of me as I continue to sparkle on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment