Friday, September 9, 2016

First day of preschool

The first day of preschool arrived yesterday, and the emotions ran high for this mama! My baby boy was ready to experience the education world. I knew that Logan was ready to start preschool, but was I really? So many new things have been happening lately that I can hardly wrap my head around them. From a new baby coming on Monday, to Logan starting preschool, and this mama keeping the sparkle alive, it's definitely a lot. It doesn't help that the hormones are in complete overload as I've been thinking about Sydney constantly lately, and wondering what she is thinking about all this change? When Logan woke up at 6:30am yesterday, the first thing he asked was, "when can we leave for preschool momma?" I couldn't help but feel some ease as I smiled and said, "soon don't worry." Logan was so "happy", and was so "excited" to pose for a picture, wear his new Paw Patrol backpack, carry his matching lunchbox , and meet his friends. I did stop and think for a moment how life would have been if Sydney was with him. He's done so well adjusting without her, remembering her, and now becoming a big brother. 
Before we made our way to preschool there was one stop that we needed to make. We had to go to "Sydney's Bench". This was very special for us, as it reminded us that we will never forget her, and that she will always be with him as he travels through school. Logans smile, his energy, and personality lights up my world everyday. He's got a part of Sydney with him, and that comforts my grieving heart.  As we approached the gate to preschool I let go of his hand, gave him a kiss, and watched him walk up those stairs. He was so independent, and ready to embark on a new journey. I couldn't be more proud of the little boy that Logan is becoming. I'm proud of Shane and I for never giving up, and raising such a sweet boy despite all that's happened. Logan had an amazing first day, and my nerves were put at ease. Welcome to preschool Logan mommy and daddy hope you have a great year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment